Monday 20 April 2009

BrooklynBlog #2

Back in Blighty today. Very spaced out. Got a bit lazy in the second week in New York, so I couldn't be arsed to write my blog. The highlights were:
  • Greenwood cemetery (you know how much I like dead folks)
  • Champions League footy in Nevada Smiths (packed to the rafters, I was one of the few girls in the building)
  • watching Anvil! at Angelika with LouLou - us both wiping a tear away
  • Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - beautiful.
  • The Watchmen at Webster Hall - singer has some pipes on him
  • Met Museum of Art - what a building, what a collection. Great cake in the café too. And cool old bird helped me find the subway when I left looking confused. Upper East Side bohemian glamour puss, retired concert pianist, walked 6 blocks with me and big kiss on the cheek when we parted. Lovely.
  • catching up with Charlie and Michelle
  • Bill Callahan at Other Music for Record Store Day (more of this later - deserves a post of his own)
Time just flew by. Felt like I was there for ages, but also no time at all. It was such a huge treat, and spending time with LouLou, Ted the cool cat, and (albeit briefly) Andy was lovely. Journey back was uneventful. I didn't even read my H.P Lovecraft (superb) or watch films. Just listened to music and had a bit of a drift off into semi-sleep. Am having a lovely cup of PG (none of that Lipton's shite) and toasted crumpets, before hitting the sack for a couple of hours. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy at the Southbank tonight, jetlag permitting...ha! Like I'd let jetlag stop me going to a gig...