Sunday 19 February 2012

Disgracelands: (Crouch) End Of An Era

It was love at first sight. I walked through that front door five years ago and instantly fell for the shabby wood chip walls. Over the years, I've loved just sitting quietly, maybe doing a bit of writing, listening to the music I've chosen to litter my life, with the living room bathed in the most beautiful, rose-gold early evening light.

She so pretty.


By tomorrow, it's all over. I'm *braces self, breathes deeply, palms moisten* moving East.

I know, I know. It won't be easy. My battle with the Bugaboo Brigade is finished. This brave wee soldier is headed for a whole new war. Life on the Eastern Front will likely throw me into fresh conflicts. I can see me conscientiously objecting to some terrible war crimes (females dressed like the unfortunate lovechild of John Motson/Malcolm Allison/Bananarama - oh, when did this happen and, more importantly, why?). Perhaps it'll all be over by Christmas (it never is - bit like this dreadful überallegory I've gotten myself mixed up in).

Anyoldways, things change and needs must. Some lucky bleeder had sufficient cash and they'll get to tread her lovely boards from now on. I can only hope and pray they'll look after Disgracelands and cherish her pretty, quirky old parts. If I ever discover that the fireplaces and stained glass have been ripped out to make way for some mass-produced modern bullshit, I might retaliate with a bit of ripping of my own (e.g. new arsehole for the culprit).

For those of you who've had the pleasure, I know you'll miss her too (NYC arrive on Saturday - can sense the tears forming in their ducts already). To all my well-wishers - adieu. See you on the other side.

*bawls daft Yorkshire head off*


Ladies and gentlemen - DK has left the building.