Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bottle Of Red, Bottle Of White

It's past midnight. Not a pumpkin quite yet, and the NYC Massive have swung into town, on matters mainly property related. I've been on a shoot all day, and on my return, LouLou and Andy F very kindly took me out for dinner. Superb food, delicious prosecco, lipsmacking Malbec and a tasty bit of Fighting Cock (that's a quality bourbon, you heathens) all adds up to us, at Disgracelands, sitting side-by-side (no Sondheim) on the soon-to-be-defunct Slug (curvy black sofa, seats 13?):

It's long and it's black and it's taken thirteen asses

And we can't stop laughing. I mean laughing our tits off. Is this LMTO? LMAO? LMFAO? LOFSHOOTS (I like this - Laughing Our Fat Stupid Heads Off On The Slug. Nearly as good as the time I started up an internet debate site for weighty issues of the day called The Important Topics Forum UK Division - TITFUKD).

Youtube black hole - here are things we have just pissed ourselves senseless at (and generally approved of):


A spoon and a jar. Basic brilliance.



Pissed Northern working class. Basic brilliance.



Finest lyric ever written (debate rages on). Basic brilliance.




Best bought-in-from-US-Sunday-ITV-10pm-1970s-sitcom. Ever. In my life. Etc.
Not basic. Still brilliant.

Other things we have tittered at included...erm, well, can't mention any of them, as I may get struck off Blogger for being bang out of order, überprofanity and inappropriateness. But at least one of the things included Andy's Uncle Graham, tits and Serge Gainsbourg.

I love the NYC Massive and we love booze and we love Disgracelands.

I will blub my daft Northern head off when I have to leave this flat.

I'm pissed.

(Postscript: staying up getting battered with old friends when there's a smiley-be-nice-sort-stuff-be-professional 10 hour shoot at 8.30am the next day isn't the smartest move I've ever made. Just re-read the above. The neighbours must hate us - that was some LOUD laughter. Or maybe they'd wish they could join in. They wouldn't want to join in on my hangover. Nothing strong coffee, pastries, 2 paracetamol and extra make-up can't fix, mind. I feel rough, and I'm on a shoot with Nicola Sanders, an Olympic athlete with the leanest body and tightest backside I've seen for years. Her body is a temple. Mine is an old wheelie bin.)