Tuesday 26 October 2010

The Good Life

It's Harvest Festival time of year. Bernie and Kieran have just finished their very own allotment harvest, and boy, there were a LOT of tomatoes. Summer hasn't been great, so some serious ripening has still to happen:

Eventually, green turned rosy, and then the fun begins:


There's been roasting of tray after tray of tomatoes, onions, basil, oregano, rosemary to make delicious passata:


And some of the green tomatoes got to live out their dream of making Mrs Beeton's chutney:

It's starting to feel like I'm living in an episode of The Good Life - Ber & K make a great Tom and Barbara. And I love the idea of me as Margot, swanning around Wood Green in kaftans, being fabulous and posh and a bit useless (although I'm not sure how the outfit will go down next time I nip down Morrisons to buy some bog roll).