Monday 30 August 2010

Bank Holiday Bunting Bonanza

August Bank Holiday - the gateway to lovely Autumn. Spent a really good Saturday evening with my two oldest girlfriends and their menfolk, beers and chit-chat and laughs. Pretty much the rest of the weekend has been me, Wilf the dog and the sewing machine.

My bunting appeared in The Sunday Times Style magazine last week (whooooo!). Some 'cool camping' article - my bunting adorned the opening to the tent. Funnily enough, I'd read the article and not even noticed it was my bunting...! Just thought "oh, that looks sweet". A mate rang me up to point it out - quite exciting, really.

More bunting news - my handiwork will be tarting up The Local tent at the End Of The Road Festival soon. This nearly happened a couple of years ago, when I predicted to Howard Local that bunting was about to rule the world. He's finally come round to my way of thinking, and he's paying me in kind for the pleasure of my bunting (stop with the double entendres) - two tickets to the festival. Result! Top bit of negotiation on my part - it still entailed a whole heap of stitching, but I reckon it'll be worth it to see Black Mountain, Iron & Wine, Felice Brothers, Charlie Parr, Frank Fairfield, Forest Fire, Oh Ruin, Phosphorescent, Singing Adams, Voice Of The Seven Thunders, Wolf People etc etc - hell, I should be paying him.